VAV System – Auto Air Velocity Control System
TopAir’s advanced VAV system measures the product’s air velocity using a high quality sensor, and adjusts the air velocity speed to the relevant standard. The system enables maximal energy savings, by flexibly adjusting the fan speed (high/low) to changing needs. Further savings are enabled in the area of air conditioning, as the airflow from the room is reduced when the fan operates at a lower speed. This also reduces the fume cupboard’s noise level.
The system keeps the user updated as to the airflow speed at all times and provides alerts on deviations from the required speed to prevent hazardous situations.
TopAir’s VAV System introduces an entirely new concept for intelligent operation of fume cabinets. As a complete solution, all its components are already integrated, configured and programmed – a true plug-and-play system. Rather than separately purchasing a control system, touch screen and frequency inverter, and employing technicians to integrate and install each component, the VAV System offers the customer a full – and much more cost-effective – solution.
The VAV System can be used to renovate an existing fume cabinet, or can be installed in a new fume cabinet. In both cases, it upgrades the fume cabinet into a high-end intelligent system.
The VAV System comprises:
- A touch screen including visual and audio indicators for alerts, as well as a mute button.
- A unit including sensors and power supply for the screen.
- VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) which controls the frequency and voltage supplied to the motor.
Made in the USA, the VAV System is a highly reliable and user-friendly system for setup and use.
The system can be installed in research labs, healthcare facilities, life science companies, universities, and more.
- 4.3”/7” color touch screen with display and control for set point, air velocity, alerts and configuration information
- High quality frequency inverter
- A variety of HOTWIRE sensor systems which enables changes according to customer requests
- Simple user friendly interface
- Can renovate an existing system
- Cost effective as it includes a high-end frequency inverter
- Frequency inverter maximizes efficiency and prevents motor noises
|Function||Auto air velocity control systems (VAV and VFD)||Auto air velocity control systems (VAV + VFD) and central operating system for fume hoods|
|Display Range||0 – 2 m/s||0 – 2 m/s|
|Low alarm range set point||20%||Settable|
|Output||3 phase 3 x 230v||3 phase 3 x 230v|
|Analog In||0-10 VDC||0-10 VDC|
|Input Power||200-230 v 50 hz||200-230 v 50 hz|